I'm Empty Inside
GARMENT TECH / PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Competitive Salary Offered
Full Time : Based in our London Studio
What, this hardly ever happens!!
We are a London label dedicated to creating street wear inspired, contemporary menswear, womenswear and accessories and we're looking for an experienced multi product garment technologist/product developer to join our production team.
This is a super exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge within a small, fun and fast growing company. If you have an excellent creative eye and a passion for street wear and contemporary design you have come to the right place.
What you will be doing:
You will be working alongside the production manager and closely with the design team to bring each design to life, from initial design to product development through to bulk production and delivery.You will have a thorough understanding of garment construction, fitting, grading, bulk production, QC, and have strong computing and organizational skills.
- Creating and developing accurate tech packs and size charts
- Taking designs through various stages of sealing from design concept to final sign off for bulk production.
- Working with the design team and overseas factories to develop the products.
- Measuring and checking samples.
- Handing over tech packs and clearly communicating all requirements to factories.
- Initiating and running regular fit sessions across the lines and clearly communicating all amendments to factories.
- Developing great fit, identifying risks and solving prior to production.
- Working in-line with the critical paths.
- Ensuring quality standards are met and maintained across all products.
- Ensuring the approval process is in line with critical paths.
We would like someone who:
- Prior experience in a similar role essential.
- Experience and knowledge of grading men’s and womenswear is essential.
- In depth knowledge of different fabrics, finishes, construction and production methods.
- Previous experience with offshore production and sampling.
- Able to lead fit meetings with a strong knowledge of how to improve fit issues .
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A confident communicator.
- Strong IT skills including excel and Illustrator.
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
If you think you tick all of the above boxes then we want to hear from you! We are likely to receive a lot if interest in this role.
Please submit your C.V, your current and expected salary and a covering letter telling us why you are the right person for this job.
Please send this info to email@example.com with the subject title ‘GARMENT TECH’
Deadline: FEB 28th 2017