OUR PRIORITIES INCLUDE:
We aim to limit any harm towards animals as much as possible and support animal welfare wherever we can.
- We DO NOT use animal fur, mohair, angora, cashmere, racoon or down feathers in any of our product.
- Launched our first fully vegan shoe in 2019 with Dr. Martens.
- PETA approved.
- Offer vegan-friendly food at all Lazy Oaf events.
ETHICS & SUPPLY CHAIN
We care about the social welfare and working environment of every individual involved in bringing our product to life. Working with teams across factories in China, Portugal and Turkey, we support and nurture all staff involved in our supply chain.
- We have an Ethical Standards Policy as well as our own basic standards policy in place that all of our garment suppliers have as a foundation to build and improve from and we strive to exceed these basic standards.
- Focus on building and nurturing long-term relationships with our suppliers and working proactively and collaboratively to improve standards and support suppliers to achieve these.
- Frequently visit our factories, meet with suppliers and have bi-weekly catch-ups via phone and email.
- Ensure that statutory minimum wage laws are adhered to in the supply chain.
- Ensure that all workers are of the legal working age for their countries and that their working hours do not exceed the legal limit.
SUSTAINABILITY & ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
Reducing plastic use, minimising our impact on the planet and creating more sustainable product are a big focus for us and we’re starting to take the relevant steps to get better every day.
- Send out orders to online customers in compostable outbound packaging made from sugar cane.
- Product packaging is recyclable or compostable.
- All product swing tickets are recyclable.
- Prioritise shipping production by the sea or road rather than by air to reduce environmental impact.
- Launching an eco-friendly swimwear line in 2020 that will be produced using majority recycled materials.
- Moving our focus towards using more sustainable fabrics, up-cycling fabric trims, minimise wastage and an overall more responsible approach to sourcing fabrics.
- Initiated a recycling scheme for our studio waste working with First Mile.
- Studio and stores have water fountains to help reduce the use of plastics.
- Any product that is not suitable to be sold or donated will be recycled and will not end up in landfill.
- Repurpose samples by selling them in biannual customer samples sales.
- Hosting our first free Lazy Oaf Clothes Swapping event for customers in Winter 2019, watch this space.
MENTAL WELLBEING & GIVING BACK
The mental wellbeing of our staff and customers is a big priority for us and we continue to donate our time and profits to causes we’re passionate about.
- Launched a non-profit collaboration collection and creative workshops with mental health awareness campaign Time to Change run by charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, who are dedicated to de-stigmatising mental health. Raised £20,000+ in donations, collaborated with inspiring ambassadors from the mental health awareness community and plan to repeat this project again in 2020.
- Run free and optional meditation and mindfulness sessions for studio staff on a weekly basis.
- Donate all money from studio sample sales to local mental health youth charity Young Minds.
Community is at the heart of Lazy Oaf whether we’re giving back to our local community through various projects, building our ever growing network of global creative contributors or encouraging a community spirit for staff in our studio and retail spaces.
- Seek out to grow and nurture our own creative community, working and championing international creative talent across a multitude of projects.
- Run workshops and collaborations with businesses that invest and give back to local communities.
- Host free and friendly events for our community already working across London, Brighton, Barcelona, Tokyo, New York & Sydney.
- Actively encourage our team to input ideas and give their feedback on the way we work whether it’s through regular, anonymous surveys or all team meetings and meetings.