Role: Graphic/Creative Designer – Mid Weight
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a mid-weight Graphic Designer to form part of our in house creative team supporting our Senior Brand Designer to identify and execute the graphic visual identity of Oaf. Working across all our creative design outputs to help create and deliver innovative projects including Oaf branding, art working, digital campaigns and assets, web content, social content, social animation/motion content, email campaigns, digital marketing, packaging, presentations, print and offline creative such as retail windows to events.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for the right Oaf looking to further their experience within a creatively led, innovative fast-growing business. We are looking for an excellent creative eye, someone who’s multi-disciplinary, dynamic and who has a passion for digital graphic design, is a generator and can deliver creative design and artwork on time that blows our minds – if you tick these boxes you have come to the right place.
We offer an exciting benefit package including flexible working, staff discount, snacks in the office, and a seasonal Lazy Uniform allowance to name a few.
- Working alongside the Senior Brand designer to develop and deliver a brand visual identity that best reflects the brand’s objectives, authenticity and values, bringing what Oaf looks like to life.
- Digitally focused: This role requires a familiarity with a digitally driven brand and the creative requirements that come with that– thinking about all digital execution to include all assets, banners, stories, slides, animations, app updates, paid social content, newsletter best practice etc.
- We like to encourage bold statements and odd ideas, so we want you to create innovative design solutions with a focus on Oaffing up our platforms. We like visuals with impact, and we are a brand first business, so storytelling is key to all our Design output.
- Providing creative/ editorial layout and graphics in various formats that could range from our online Oaf World editorials to a printed zine and the creative additionals we haven’t even thought of yet!
- Supporting the creative team and Senior Brand Designer in building and maintaining brand guidelines – working collaboratively ensuring guardianship of what we look like, adapting internal and external brand guidelines to ensure we are all keeping Oaf looking consistently great.
- Being a self starter with initiative, will be responsible for project and day to day management of own workload across a broad range of projects and deadlines.
- Contributing creative ideas to wider creatively led projects that meet brand values and objectives.
- Present and communicate creative solutions with clarity, effectively selling ideas to a variety of stakeholders across Oaf.
- Collaboration, as a small team we love working together, sharing ideas and keeping each other in the loop, problem solving, communication and team work is key to making the Oaf dream work (sorry not sorry).
- Liaise with external contacts in production of designed material when needed.
- Maintain design process and timelines, inputting constructive solutions to workflow improvements and ensuring organisation standards and deadlines are kept.
- Collaborating with the fashion design team on graphics and illustration that form part of our collections.
Knowledge & Skills
- A creative all-rounder
- Experience of a digitally demanding brand/ business
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Experienced in design apps, especially a wizard on Adobe Suite.
- A good understanding of motion graphics/2D animation would be great, with any experience in 3D animation being a further plus!
- Familiarity with best UI/UX practices and Figma
- A dab hand at illustration would be ideal
- A portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of contemporary design, typography, motion and brand identity.
- Experience and understanding of the end to end design process
- You already get us! Have a passion for contemporary graphic design, style, streetwear, youth and creative subcultures.
- Strong visual skills that provide impact, deliver creativity and tell the Oaf story.
- Passionate, positive and enjoys new challenges, working collaboratively, proactively and contributing to team meetings.
- Ability to produce quality work within a fast-paced environment meeting tight deadlines.
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
Please send us an email telling us a bit about you and why Oaf, your CV, a link to a digital portfolio along with one image that you think best captures the Lazy Oaf Identity, your salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Graphic/Creative Designer’.
In 2001, Lazy Oaf was birthed into the world by Gemma Shiel, into a North London garage specifically, before taking its first tentative steps out in public at a market stall in Spitalfields alongside some old pornos because you know, sex sells?
Fast forward 20 years and we've survived floods, fires and a global pandemic. We have two stores in London and over a million strong community of loyal fans and customers from around the globe.
As a brand, Lazy Oaf celebrate the not normal in all of us. We have a wry sense of humour and we like to take risks and carve our own path. We do what feels right to us and don't march to anyone else's tune.
THE FUNNY SIDE
We have an irreverent and wry sense of humour and take a sideways glance at life, celebrating the not-normal in all of us.
BARREL OF RISKY
We are non-conformist, unconventional and brave and we trust our gut to tell us what's right for us. We dance to our own tune.
It’s at the heart of everything we do. It’s both what we are and our style of approach. We are born from creativity and it’s the beating heart of the brand.
We are a resilient independent female-led business with the freedom and conviction to carve our own path and dance to our own tune
We build and nurture our own creative culture, communities and network through collaboration
We are community conscious, supportive and representative both internally and externally. We are proud of our diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race or sexual orientation.
HA.P.P.P.Y (PEOPLE PRODUCT PLANET)
We limit our negative impact from concept through to launch on the environment and all those involved. We champion Social Responsibility, and we do no harm