Role: Junior Content Creator Role
Start Date: ASAP
At Lazy Oaf we are well known for our creative campaign shoots & social output, as well as our community interaction. You will be part of the creative team, responsible for providing the creative vision and direction of the business, answering the question, what does Oaf look like?
Creativity is at the heart of the business, and keeping our aesthetic creative, relevant, inspiring and innovative is paramount, whilst remaining in line with our brand values. You will be passionate about creating content from ideation through to completion, ensuring newness & brand story telling whilst maintaining the Oaf sense of humour and sideways glance at life.
It’s really important that our social channels and content convey our tone of voice and brand values so we’re looking for someone who shares our wry sense of humour and sideways glance at life with an appreciation for both the absurd and lo-fi aesthetics, and who isn’t afraid to take risks and try new things.
- Creating relevant, funny video content for Lazy Oaf’s socials channels, that engages our community and gets people excited about Oaf.
- Generating behind-the-scenes content on photoshoots.
- Maintaining relationships with the ‘Oaf Gang’ and creating & commissioning content with them. Actively seeking new Oaf Gang members to work with (These can be artists, influencers, creatives, musicians, activists etc).
- Researching ideas for campaign shoots, product still life, brand storytelling socials posts and video content based on collection themes.
- Being an active and engaged member of the creative team, not afraid to bring ideas to the table and act as a self starter to create content and pitch it to the team.
- Assisting the Senior Content Creator and Creative Lead in executing photoshoots from concept through to delivery.
- Organising castings, collating & steaming samples, styling & dressing models, store returns when needed.
- Assisting in set building and art direction as well as location scouting and booking where applicable.
- Supporting the Senior Content Creator with creative production, sourcing and maintaining relationships with external partners that we collaborate with i.e photographers, models, stylists, set designers, illustrators.
- Collating and organising photographic deliverables from shoots, uploading and archiving imagery in an organised and timely manner.
- Actively looking for new talent to work with and bringing suggestions to creative sessions. (Photographers etc)
- Concept creation and ideation, for creative that is innovative, aspirational and emphasises our brand values.
- Helping to build the creative strategy across all platforms, for heads of department and Creative Coordinator to sign off.
- Creation of category flat lays for App & socials, working alongside our creative and digital team. Suggesting new and exciting ways to curate this content.
- Creating content in line with our planners and schedule, ensuring it is edited where needed, well organised and easily accessible to all that need it.
- Updating our planners with content you have created, bringing suggestions and solutions to creative meetings for any sticking points.
- Working with the communications team, help to translate brand storytelling into visual wizardry.
- Assisting in retail and events, and creative execution surrounding these, from set up & merchandising to photographing & documenting events.
- An LO style dry sense of humor, quick wit and appreciation for the absurd.
- Excellent time management skills.
- An impeccable eye for good social media content, branding, marketing and design.
- Be a mood board builder that loops in the inane, silly and the ridiculous and understands that we like to keep our creative direction innovative and fresh.
- A hands on approach to content creation and delivery, with an interest in art directing, photography and styling.
- Ability to turn your hand to a multitude of content creation outputs, happy to roll up your sleeves & get involved!
- Tik Tok & Instagram savvy with experience creating video content.
- Genuine passion for social media with a finger on the pulse for current trends, and suggestions of how Lazy Oaf can approach these with our wry sense of humour.
- Self-motivated, innovative and passionate about social media.
- Willing to work in a small team and multitask when required.
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
Please send us an email telling us a bit about you and why Oaf, include your CV and links to your Instagram & TikTok to CREATIVE@LAZYOAF.COM with the subject title ‘Junior Content Creator.
ABOUT LAZY OAF
In 2001, Lazy Oaf was birthed into the world by Gemma Sheil, into a North London garage specifically, before taking its first tentative steps out in public at a market stall in Spitalfields alongside some old pornos because you know, sex sells?
Fast forward 20 years and we've survived floods, fires and a global pandemic. We have two stores in London and over a million strong community of loyal fans and customers from around the globe.
As a brand, Lazy Oaf celebrate the not normal in all of us. We have a wry sense of humour and we like to take risks and carve our own path. We do what feels right to us and don't march to anyone else's tune.
THE FUNNY SIDE
We have an irreverent and wry sense of humour and take a sideways glance at life, celebrating the not-normal in all of us.
BARREL OF RISKY
We are non-conformist, unconventional and brave and we trust our gut to tell us what's right for us. We dance to our own tune.
It’s at the heart of everything we do. It’s both what we are and our style of approach. We are born from creativity and it’s the beating heart of the brand.
We are a resilient independent female-led business with the freedom and conviction to carve our own path and dance to our own tune
We build and nurture our own creative culture, communities and network through collaboration
We are community conscious, supportive and representative both internally and externally. We are proud of our diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race or sexual orientation.
HA.P.P.P.Y (PEOPLE PRODUCT PLANET)
We limit our negative impact from concept through to launch on the environment and all those involved. We champion Social Responsibility, and we do no harm