Role: Garment Technologist
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a hands on and enthusiastic garment technologist ready for your next step managing your own product categories? Do you loving working on multi product? Then this might be the role for you!
Lazy Oaf are looking for a Garment Technologist to join our Product team with an opportunity for hybrid working of studio and home. We are looking for someone who is excited to take ownership of all technical aspects of their own product categories as well as support our small team on sample management.
The role consists of managing all garment technical aspects of your own product categories from spec creation through development, production and quality control. We are a small team and enjoy working closely on creating the best Oaf product.
- Works across multi collections including womenswear, menswear, unisex, curve, accessories, collaborations and lifestyle product
- Product categories will account for approximately 50% of the collection. Will include jersey and accessories, and other categories will be flexible depending on preferences and experience. For example could include knitwear, outerwear, denim or wovens
- Manages the technical side of product lifecyle from initial launch through to finished production
- Reviews product samples for measurements against spec, construction, intended use, fabric suitability, design aesthetic and functionality
- Leads fit sessions for own product categories and send detailed fit comments to the suppliers
- Issue full graded specs for all products
- Reviews base and bulk fabric test reports, bulk fabrics, wash care instructions and risk assessment of all product
- Reviews AQL reports and conducts quality checks on bulk production when required
- Assists Senior Garment Technologist on technical strategy projects
- Works closely with Design, Product and Merchandising to tight critical path deadlines
- Keeps seasonal trackers up to date with samples received, fit comments issued, fabric compositions, testing status, wash care instructions and bulk approval
- Conducts supplier visits in UK, Europe and the Far East along with UK warehouse visits (covid pending…)
- Reports into Senior Garment Technologist and Product Manager
- 5 years technical multi product experience
- Ability to confidently manage fit sessions and testing for own product category
- Excellent understanding of garment construction, particularly jersey
- Knowledge and understanding of garment grading and pattern cutting
- Incredibly organised and exceptional multi tasker
- Confident with Microsoft Excel and ideally Adobe Illustrator
- Womenswear experience essential and experience with other categories including: curve, menswear, unisex or sustainability would be ideal
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
Please send us an email telling us a bit about you and why Oaf, include your CV and any relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Garment Technologist.
ABOUT LAZY OAF
In 2001, Lazy Oaf was birthed into the world by Gemma Sheil, into a North London garage specifically, before taking its first tentative steps out in public at a market stall in Spitalfields alongside some old pornos because you know, sex sells?
Fast forward 20 years and we've survived floods, fires and a global pandemic. We have two stores in London and over a million strong community of loyal fans and customers from around the globe.
As a brand, Lazy Oaf celebrate the not normal in all of us. We have a wry sense of humour and we like to take risks and carve our own path. We do what feels right to us and don't march to anyone else's tune.
THE FUNNY SIDE
We have an irreverent and wry sense of humour and take a sideways glance at life, celebrating the not-normal in all of us.
BARREL OF RISKY
We are non-conformist, unconventional and brave and we trust our gut to tell us what's right for us. We dance to our own tune.
It’s at the heart of everything we do. It’s both what we are and our style of approach. We are born from creativity and it’s the beating heart of the brand.
We are a resilient independent female-led business with the freedom and conviction to carve our own path and dance to our own tune
We build and nurture our own creative culture, communities and network through collaboration
We are community conscious, supportive and representative both internally and externally. We are proud of our diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race or sexual orientation.
HA.P.P.P.Y (PEOPLE PRODUCT PLANET)
We limit our negative impact from concept through to launch on the environment and all those involved. We champion Social Responsibility, and we do no harm