Role: Graphic/Creative Designer – Mid Weight
Start Date: ASAP
In 2001, Lazy Oaf was birthed into the world by Gemma Shiel, into a North London garage specifically, before taking its first tentative steps out in public at a market stall in Spitalfields alongside some old pornos because you know, sex sells?
Fast forward 20 years and we've survived floods, fires and a global pandemic. We have two stores in London and over a million strong community of loyal fans and customers from around the globe.
As a brand, Lazy Oaf celebrate the not normal in all of us. We have a wry sense of humour and we like to take risks and carve our own path. We do what feels right to us and don't march to anyone else's tune.
As we expand, we are looking for a mid-weight Graphic Designer to form part of our in house creative team supporting our Senior Brand Designer to identify and execute the graphic visual identity of Oaf. Working across all our creative design outputs to help create and deliver innovative projects including Oaf branding, art working, digital campaigns and assets, web content, social content, social animation/motion content, email campaigns, digital marketing, packaging, presentations, print and offline creative such as retail windows to events.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for the right Oaf looking to further their experience within a creatively led, innovative fast-growing business. We are looking for an excellent creative eye, someone who’s multi-disciplinary, dynamic and who has a passion for digital graphic design, is a generator and can deliver creative design and artwork on time that blows our minds – if you tick these boxes you have come to the right place.
- Working alongside the Creative lead and Senior Brand designer to develop and deliver a brand visual identity that best reflects the brands objectives, authenticity and values, bringing what Oaf looks like to life.
- Digitally focused: This role requires a familiarity with a digitally driven brand and the creative requirements that come with that– thinking about all digital execution to include all assets, banners, stories, slides, animations, app updates, paid social content, Newsletter best practice etc.
- We like to encourage bold statements and the odd ideas, so we want you to create innovative design solutions with a focus on Oaffing up our platforms. We like visuals with impact, and we are a brand first business, so storytelling is key to all our Design output.
- Providing creative/ editorial layout and graphics in various formats that could range from our online Oaf World editorials to a printed zine and the creative additionals we haven’t even thought of yet!
- Supporting the Creative team and Senior Brand Designer in Building and maintaining brand guidelines – working collaboratively ensuring guardianship of what we look like, adapting internal and external brand guidelines to ensure we are all keeping oaf looking consistently great.
- Being a self starter with initiative, will be responsible for project and day to day management of own workload across a broad range of projects and deadlines.
- Contributing creative ideas to wider creatively led projects that meet brand values and objectives.
- Present and communicate creative solutions with clarity, effectively selling in ideas to a variety of stakeholders across Oaf.
- Collaboration, as a small team we love working together, sharing ideas and keeping each other in the loop, problem solving, communication and team work is key to making the oaf dream work (sorry not sorry).
- Liaise with external contacts in production of designed material when needed.
- Maintain design process and timelines, inputting constructive solutions to workflow improvements and ensuring organisation standards and deadlines are kept.
- A creative all-rounder
- Experience of a digitally demanding brand/ business
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Experienced in design apps, especially a wizard on Adobe Suite.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of contemporary design, typography, motion and brand identity.
- Experience and understanding of the end to end Design process
- You already get us! Have a passion for contemporary graphic design, style, streetwear, youth and creative sub cultures.
- Strong visual skills that provide impact, deliver creativity and tell the Oaf story.
- Passionate, positive and enjoys new challenges, working collaboratively, proactively and contributing to team meetings.
- Ability to produce quality work within a fast-paced environment meeting tight deadlines.
How to apply:
Please send us an email telling us a bit about you and why Oaf, your CV, a link to a digital portfolio along with one image that you think best captures the Lazy Oaf Identity to Creative@lazyoaf.com with the subject title ‘Graphic/creative Designer’.
THE FUNNY SIDE
We have an irreverent and wry sense of humour and take a sideways glance at life, celebrating the not-normal in all of us.
BARREL OF RISKY
We are non-conformist, unconventional and brave and we trust our gut to tell us what's right for us. We dance to our own tune.
It’s at the heart of everything we do. It’s both what we are and our style of approach. We are born from creativity and it’s the beating heart of the brand.
We are a resilient independent female-led business with the freedom and conviction to carve our own path and dance to our own tune
We build and nurture our own creative culture, communities and network through collaboration
We are community conscious, supportive and representative both internally and externally. We are proud of our diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race or sexual orientation.
HA.P.P.P.Y (PEOPLE PRODUCT PLANET)
We limit our negative impact from concept through to launch on the environment and all those involved. We champion Social Responsibility, and we do no harm