Role: Retail Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Location: LondonFounded by Gemma Shiel from a North London Garage in 2001, Lazy Oaf is a design-led lifestyle brand with a history of doing things our own way. What started with hand-printed T-shirts sold from a stall in East London has now become an established independent brand, with creativity, collaboration and community at its heart. Lazy Oaf is primarily a DTC brand with retail space in London.
We are looking for:
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Retail Manager to drive and evolve our London store in Soho.
Our flagship London store has been in its current location on Ganton Street for over 10 years and is now a well-established retail destination. In an ever evolving retail landscape we want a multi discipline Retail manager to join our management team, working closely with Brand, Creative and Digital stakeholders to lead the growth of our store and evolve our physical space into a distinct community hub with a focus not just on footfall and conversion, but also customer retention, in-store experience and identity as well as community events, launches and installations.
- Management, recruitment and training of a small, dedicated team; nurturing our existing talent and working to define and develop specialist roles within the store team structure.
- Work closely with Brand team on establishing and implementing a rosta of both community and consumer events, installations and activations to establish our stores not just as commercial spaces; but also experiential brand touchpoints to bring our community together, reflect our core values, and deepen our brand storytelling
- Financial accountability, managing payroll to sales budget, revenue and reporting.
- Day-to-Day leadership and management, in store and as the retail link to the Lazy Oaf management team.
- Customer Service, providing an inspiring lead, engaging with customers and establishing and delivering a clear retail customer service, loyalty and retention strategy; growing and nurturing an instore community and working with the wider teams on initiatives to excite, engage and retain in store customers.
- Stock Management, creating retail buys, delivery organisation, stock room maintenance.
- Product Analysis Collating both quantitative and qualitative feedback from customers to design to help inform the development of collections
- Health and Safety, maintain a safe and healthy work environment for staff and customers in line with our policies.
- Store Accounting, creating forecasts and budgets, maintaining financial records, management reporting and product input when necessary.
- Visual Merchandising, ensuring the store is on brand and maintained in line with the brand creative direction and guidelines; working with the retail team as well as our Brand and Creative teams to make VM a priority, establish and maintain high visual standards and continually improve brand storytelling in-store.
- A finger on the pulse of the wider retail landscape, local community, culture and competitors to ensure we are up to date and relevant in our activities.
- Passion about the Lazy Oaf brand and its products
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Retail Management, in the fashion or lifestyle industry
- Affinity and understanding of the Lazy Oaf consumer(s) and brand
- Strong visual merchandising skills and passion for creative display
- Pragmatic – ability to be both ‘hands on’ while also providing leadership
- Experience of people management
- Creative and operational skill sets
- Clear communicator – both verbally and in writing
- Prior experience in a multi-channel brand environment advantageous (ecommerce, retail, wholesale)
- Experience of retail marketing and/or event planning and management is a bonus
- Strong IT literacy, including POS systems and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to set priorities; meet tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Approachable, team player.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently.
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
Please send us an email telling us a bit about you, why Oaf and your CV, to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Retail Manager’.
- Creativity: we want creative marketing that captures and evolves our brand.
- Collaboration: we want Oafs who work collaboratively internally and externally.
- Community: we want brand and marketing initiatives that foster community engagement.
- Humour: we want to connect with our customers and community through our tone of voice.
- Disruption: we want initiatives that disrupt traditional approaches.
- DIY: we want Oafs who can get creative with resources.