Role: Marketing Coordinator
Start Date: May 2023
Location: LondonFounded by Gemma Shiel from a North London Garage in 2001, Lazy Oaf is a design-led lifestyle brand with a history of doing things our own way. What started with hand-printed T-shirts sold from a stall in East London has now become an established independent brand, with creativity, collaboration and community at its heart. Lazy Oaf is primarily a DTC brand with retail space in London.
We are looking for:
- Will be an integral part of the team that executes brand and performance marketing.
- Will know who the brand is, knows what customer community the brand talks to, and knows how and where the brand should play to stay true to its values.
- Will work closely alongside brand, editorial, performance marketing, e-commerce and retail experts in the Customer function of the business.
- Will collaborate cross-functionally with the creative team on content creation.
- Will report into the Senior Brand & Marketing Manager, supporting them in the end-to-end forward-planning and project management of all marketing initiatives.
- Will manage the day-to-day of marketing initiatives in line with Customer strategy and wider business OKRs, coordinating internal and external stakeholders to deliver campaigns on budget and on time.
- Will manage the gifting programme, coordinating all product seeding outreach and logistics (eg. sending lookbooks to community, warehouse orders and gifting execution).
- Will manage the planning and execution of social content from creative briefs to scheduling to optimisation.
- Will manage the community outreach programme, identifying and building relationships with creative and cultural collaborators and influencers.
- Creation of copy for newsletters, social captions and straplines/supporting copy for marketing campaigns or collaborations
- Will act as champion for brand values, character and tone of voice both internally and externally.
- Will be proactive in putting forward new ideas and opportunities that align with brand values and ways of working.
- Will coordinate and own effective marketing processes and documents to ensure smooth running of campaigns from brief to wrap up (including invoicing, budget management, project plans, reporting, reviews and more).
- Will confidently manage multiple work streams at the same time.
- 3+ years of experience in brand and marketing management.
- Experience working with a direct-to-consumer brand.
- Experience in the fashion industry is preferable.
- Proven experience of marketing coordination, social media management, community building and gifting.
- Proven experience of involvement in marketing campaigns that involved a wide mix of tactics (including organic and paid social media, email marketing, influencer marketing, PR, events, partnerships, collaborations, e-commerce and more).
- A strong digital-first mindset, understanding how brand and performance marketing compliment and benefit each other.
- A highly organised and proactive nature.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for fashion, art and culture.
- A curiosity for industry trends and consumer behaviour.
- An entrepreneurial attitude to working and ability to make the role their own.
- A natural skill for achieving customer connection through brand story-telling.
- Experience of and passion for content and social marketing.
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
If you think you tick all of the above boxes then we want to hear from you! We are likely to receive a lot of interest in this role. Please submit your C.V, a covering letter telling us why you are the right person for this job. Please send this info to Recruitment@lazyoaf.com with the subject title ‘Marketing Coordinator’
- Creativity: we want creative marketing that captures and evolves our brand.
- Collaboration: we want Oafs who work collaboratively internally and externally.
- Community: we want brand and marketing initiatives that foster community engagement.
- Humour: we want to connect with our customers and community through our tone of voice.
- Disruption: we want initiatives that disrupt traditional approaches.
- DIY: we want Oafs who can get creative with resources.