Lazy Oaf is a London Born clothing label, creating streetwear collections that are creative, contemporary and not for everyone. The brand’s philosophy is to create product that connects and resonates with what we love and not trend driven.
The Shoreditch store brings Oaf back to its roots in East London, with the intention of growing and curating this store into more than a retail space but one that is an experiential, creative, community and cultural space, an extension of what we stand for. Our stores have become an integral part to a growing Oaf culture with fans and collectors eager to get their hands on the latest release or to just hang out and shoot the breeze.
We are now looking for an experienced Retail Manager with a creative heartbeat, to lead the continued growth, look and feel of this store. The right person will share our vision of curating a store that takes a more curated concept approach to retail and gets excited about coming up with and execuating a calendar of instore events, exhibitions, workshops and activities and has an innovative approach to local marketing and building a community of customers to the Shoreditch location.
We are looking for a manager who engages with us as a brand, relishes retail and the challenges it brings, get’s their team excited, understands what makes for a great looking space, what incredible service looks like and builds connections with our customers to build on our store’s success.
- Innovative, creative and fresh approach to retail and creating an oaf experience, individual to the Shoreditch location.
- Visual merchandising, ensuring the store Is on brand and maintained in line with the brand creative direction and guidelines.
- Action key projects for stores look and feel in anticipation of collection launches and events, responsible for managing installations.
- Have your finger on the pulse with the local community, culture and have great taste in stores ‘killing it’ to ensure we are up to date and relevant in our activities.
- Recruitment and training of store staff, nurturing our existing talent.
- Financial accountability, managing payroll to sales budget, revenue and reporting.
- Day to Day leadership and management, in store and as part of the Lazy Oaf management Team.
- Customer Service, providing an inspiring lead, engaging with customers and establishing and delivering a clear retail customer service strategy.
- Stock Management, creating retail buys, delivery organisation, stock room maintenance.
- Health and Safety, maintain a safe and healthy work environment for staff and customers in line with our policies.
- Store Accounting, creating forecasts and budgets, maintaining financial records, management reporting and product input when necessary.
- Passion for the Lazy Oaf brand and its product
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Retail Management, in the fashion industry
- Affinity and understanding of the Lazy Oaf consumer(s) and brand
- Pragmatic – ability to be both ‘hands on’ while also providing leadership
- Experience of managing small team
- Balanced skillset – this roll requires both a creative and operational skillset
- Clear communicator – both verbally and in writing
- Prior branded experience in a multi-channel environment advantageous (ecommerce, retail, wholesale)
- Strong IT literacy, including POS systems and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to set priorities; meet tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Approachable, team player.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following subject title Concept Store Manager – Lazy Oaf Shoreditch, be sure to email us a bit about you and your most recent CV detailing why you are the right Oaf for us.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 21st March 2020.