Role: Garment Technologist
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a hands on and enthusiastic experienced garment technologist who loves working on multi product? Then this might be the role for you!
Lazy Oaf are looking for a Senior Garment Technologist to join our Product team with an opportunity for hybrid working of studio and home.
The role consists of managing garment technical procedures from spec creation through development, production and quality control and managing own product categories from spec creation through to production and QC. Role is also the lead on technical strategy implementation and gives guidance and training to the Garment Technologist.
- Works across multi collections including womenswear, menswear, unisex, curve, accessories, collaborations and lifestyle product
- Product categories will account for approximately 50% of the collection and currently includes outerwear, wovens, denim and lifestyle product. Will also oversee Garment Technologist on all other product categories including jersey, accessories, knitwear and swimwear (product categories flexible depending on experience)
- Manages the technical side of product lifecycle from initial launch through to finished production
- Reviews product samples for measurements against spec, construction, intended use, fabric suitability, design aesthetic and functionality
- Leads fit sessions and send detailed fit comments to the suppliers for own product categories
- Issue full graded specs for all products
- Lead on technical strategy projects including testing manuals, curve sizing, returns process and customer feedback
- Lead on Oaf’s Happy People journey including reviewing, reporting and giving feedback on factory audits and how Oaf can always strive to Do Better
- Reviews base and bulk fabric test reports, bulk fabrics, wash care instructions and risk assessment of all product
- Reviews AQL reports and conducts quality checks on bulk production when required
- Works closely with Design, Product and Merchandising to tight critical path deadlines
- Keeps seasonal trackers up to date with samples received, fit comments issued, fabric compositions, testing status, wash care instructions and bulk approval
- Conducts supplier visits in UK, Europe and the Far East along with UK warehouse visits (covid pending…)
- Reports into Interim Product Development Manager / Product Manager (on mat leave)
- 8 years technical multi product experience
- Ability to confidently manage fit sessions and testing for own product category
- Excellent understanding of garment construction
- Knowledge and understanding of garment grading and pattern cutting
- Incredibly organised and exceptional multi tasker
- Confident with Microsoft Excel and ideally Adobe Illustrator
- Womenswear experience essential and experience with majority of other categories including curve, menswear, unisex, lifestyle or sustainability is also required
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
Please send us an email telling us a bit about you and why Oaf, include your CV and any relevant links to Nicolabeets@lazyoaf.com with the subject title Senior Garment Technologist.
ABOUT LAZY OAF
In 2001, Lazy Oaf was birthed into the world by Gemma Sheil, into a North London garage specifically, before taking its first tentative steps out in public at a market stall in Spitalfields alongside some old pornos because you know, sex sells?
Fast forward 20 years and we've survived floods, fires and a global pandemic. We have two stores in London and over a million strong community of loyal fans and customers from around the globe.
As a brand, Lazy Oaf celebrate the not normal in all of us. We have a wry sense of humour and we like to take risks and carve our own path. We do what feels right to us and don't march to anyone else's tune.
THE FUNNY SIDE
We have an irreverent and wry sense of humour and take a sideways glance at life, celebrating the not-normal in all of us.
BARREL OF RISKY
We are non-conformist, unconventional and brave and we trust our gut to tell us what's right for us. We dance to our own tune.
It’s at the heart of everything we do. It’s both what we are and our style of approach. We are born from creativity and it’s the beating heart of the brand.
We are a resilient independent female-led business with the freedom and conviction to carve our own path and dance to our own tune
We build and nurture our own creative culture, communities and network through collaboration
We are community conscious, supportive and representative both internally and externally. We are proud of our diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race or sexual orientation.
HA.P.P.P.Y (PEOPLE PRODUCT PLANET)
We limit our negative impact from concept through to launch on the environment and all those involved. We champion Social Responsibility, and we do no harm