Role: Community & PR Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
This role is full time, and based in our studio in North London; with fully flexible working giving the option to work from home when and if required.
At Lazy Oaf, creativity, collaboration and community are the beating heart of what we do.
We recognise that our community built our brand from its grassroots beginnings, and established Lazy Oaf as a safe, inclusive space for anyone who wants to come along for the ride. Our aim is to continue to nurture and grow a community of longstanding collaborators and ambassadors who have a genuine connection to, and love for the brand.
This is an exciting opportunity, reporting to the Brand Manager, and focusing on managing and strategically growing our brand community through traditional PR, but with a focus on our wider brand ambassador network.
Be the first point of contact for all press and gifting enquiries and work to spread the word about Lazy Oaf by keeping the media up to date and nurturing a diverse community of creatives and Lazy Oaf fans.
- Research and seek out new creatives who would be a good fit for Lazy Oaf and build a relationship with them
- Manage and organise all product seeding outreach and logistics - sending look-books to community, ordering gifts from the warehouse, preparing any special gifting ideas and working with the graphics team to bring seeding activations to life
- Key contributor to wider brand campaigns and launches: driving our community strategy and leading on how we work with our community for specific moments in the brand calendar
- Working closely with Brand Copywriter, Social Media Manager and Graphic Design team to collaborate on community focused 360 digital content and/or physical activations
- Lead on community focused content shoots with Creative Content team
- Organise and host ongoing schedule of community focused events with focus on in store activations, using our 2 London stores as Community Hubs - devising event ideas, event production and planning and managing guest lists & invites.
- Seek and execute relevant and credible opportunities for paid partnerships - managing budget allocation and content briefs for paid opportunities
- Build and drive strategy for community outreach and development in key opportunity and growth territories globally (with key focus on US)
- Write press releases and pitches for new collection drops and brand campaigns
- Create look-books of new collections using InDesign
- Circulate new collections to selected relevant journalists via Cision
- Regularly update media lists and keep up to date with the current media landscape
- Liaise with stylists on a regular basis, organise press loans and keep a track of samples
- Organise meet ups with stylists, journalists and potential collaborators to build relationships and keep Lazy Oaf front of mind
- Ongoing monitoring and weekly reporting on press, UGC and product seeding coverage
- Report and analysis of monthly activity for leadership reports; using Cision to pull out key insights
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in PR/Influencer/Communications preferred
- Confident people person with the ability to establish and build relationships and network
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant youth culture, fashion, media & social media landscape is essential
- Previous experience using Cision or other coverage monitoring systems preferred
- Photoshop or InDesign skills preferred
- Existing media/influencer/agency connections a bonus
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
Please send us an email telling us a bit about you and why Oaf, include your CV and any relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Community & PR Coordinator.
ABOUT LAZY OAF
In 2001, Lazy Oaf was birthed into the world by Gemma Sheil, into a North London garage specifically, before taking its first tentative steps out in public at a market stall in Spitalfields alongside some old pornos because you know, sex sells?
Fast forward 20 years and we've survived floods, fires and a global pandemic. We have two stores in London and over a million strong community of loyal fans and customers from around the globe.
As a brand, Lazy Oaf celebrate the not normal in all of us. We have a wry sense of humour and we like to take risks and carve our own path. We do what feels right to us and don't march to anyone else's tune.
Creativity is our heartbeat; not just our creative output, but our way of thinking, the way we approach problems, the people we collaborate with and how we collaborate with them.
It’s something that is authentic, and intrinsic to the brand, not limited to one collection or marketing campaign; but the common connector between everything and everyone that makes Oaf, Oaf.
Both internally, and externally, collaboration is in our DNA.
As a team, we feed off each other's creativity to create what we want to create, with no pre-designed outcomes and input from anyone who wants to give it.
Working with external collaborators we want the same - their voice is every bit as important as ours. Our aim is to build a community of longstanding collaborators - we don’t work with people once and then never again.
Everything we do, we put who it’s for front and centre.
We are here to serve, nurture and build our community; from our product offering, to workshops, classes and exhibitions designed to bring our community together, both physically and online.
Our community built our brand from its grassroots beginnings, and established Oaf as a safe space for those who didn’t fit in - we’ll stay open as long as they’ll have us, for anyone who wants to come along for the ride.
If we believed in buzzwords, Do It Yourself would be the one for us.
We celebrate a culture of autonomy and ownership. We like to try stuff, play around, make shit happen and see where that takes us. If we fail, don’t worry, we can try again.
We are an inclusive employer with a focus on ensuring our team reflects the diverse nature of our brand community. We particularly encourage applicants from BIPOC and/or working class backgrounds.