Role: Social Media Manager Role
Start Date: ASAP
At Lazy Oaf our community is at the heart of everything we do, and we are looking to hire a creative and strategic Social Media Manager to take the reins of our social channels, look after and grow that engaged global community of over 1M, and be their voice within our internal conversations and ideations.
This person will be responsible for owning and delivering our social strategy across existing and new channels including IG, TikTok & Twitter. They will also take the lead in day to day community interaction and briefing in collection specific brand storytelling as well as reactive content to our in-house creative team and external content creators.
It’s really important that our social channels and content convey our tone of voice and brand values so we’re looking for someone who shares our wry sense of humour and sideways glance at life with an appreciation for both the absurd and lo-fi aesthetics, and who isn’t afraid to take risks and try new things.
- Developing Lazy Oaf’s social media strategies including objectives and targets against agreed KPIs with the aim of growing our community and increasing customer engagement.
- Adopt a test and learn approach to trying new things to reach those targets.
- Maintain an efficient posting schedule across Instagram, Instagram Stories, TikTok (and sometimes Facebook & Twitter).
- Weekly and monthly reporting to management and all staff teams, highlighting successes and offering solutions to any concerns.
- Curating social content in collaboration with the Snr Content Creator and creative team and populating the shared broadcast plan.
- Collaborating with the Junior Content Creator on reactive social content
- Briefing content creators and collaborating with LO creative team to create engaging platform specific content for IG, TikTok and Twitter.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest social media trends, emerging channels and digital technologies including educating the team on changes and competitor activity.
- Community management, responding to customer feedback, comments and posts.
- Understanding of tone of voice and how to communicate messaging via social media.
- Spelling & grammar proficiency for captions/ community engagement.
- A LO style dry sense of humour, quick wit and appreciation for the absurd.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant position.
- Extensive experience working with various social media platforms.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Proven track record in creating and managing social strategy.
- Proven track record in growing communities and engagement on IG, TikTok & Twitter.
- Understanding of briefing and collaborating with content creators.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills and the ability to adapt brand ToV guidelines to a social platform.
- Self-motivated, innovative and passionate about social media.
- Willing to work in a small team and multitask when required.
Hell Yeah! How do I apply?
Please send us an email telling us a bit about you and why Oaf, include your CV and any relevant links to Oafworld@lazyoaf.com with the subject title ‘Social Media Manager’.
ABOUT LAZY OAF
In 2001, Lazy Oaf was birthed into the world by Gemma Sheil, into a North London garage specifically, before taking its first tentative steps out in public at a market stall in Spitalfields alongside some old pornos because you know, sex sells?
Fast forward 20 years and we've survived floods, fires and a global pandemic. We have two stores in London and over a million strong community of loyal fans and customers from around the globe.
As a brand, Lazy Oaf celebrate the not normal in all of us. We have a wry sense of humour and we like to take risks and carve our own path. We do what feels right to us and don't march to anyone else's tune.
THE FUNNY SIDE
We have an irreverent and wry sense of humour and take a sideways glance at life, celebrating the not-normal in all of us.
BARREL OF RISKY
We are non-conformist, unconventional and brave and we trust our gut to tell us what's right for us. We dance to our own tune.
It’s at the heart of everything we do. It’s both what we are and our style of approach. We are born from creativity and it’s the beating heart of the brand.
We are a resilient independent female-led business with the freedom and conviction to carve our own path and dance to our own tune
We build and nurture our own creative culture, communities and network through collaboration
We are community conscious, supportive and representative both internally and externally. We are proud of our diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race or sexual orientation.
HA.P.P.P.Y (PEOPLE PRODUCT PLANET)
We limit our negative impact from concept through to launch on the environment and all those involved. We champion Social Responsibility, and we do no harm