An exhibition by Lazy Oaf
Calling all artists, makers and creators; Lazy Oaf are excited to present our first ever open-submission art exhibition and we want you to be a part of it.
As a brand rooted in creativity, this November we want to bring together some of our favourite artists and new discoveries from around the world and present a hand-picked selection of work in a London exhibition plus a digital version on our website for the world to see.
Selected exhibitors will see their artwork featured in a free exhibition in London open to the public and running from 9 -11th November 2018 with a private view for press, exhibitors and VIP Oafers on 8th November. Artists will also have the opportunity to sell their work at the show.
Want to enter and be in with a chance of seeing your work featured in our special London show? Here’s how:
We’re looking for the leftfield, the surreal, the weird and the wonderful. Entries must be packed with colour and can be in a diverse range of media including paintings, prints, sculpture, embroidery, installations, animations, photography… any format you wish. The more unusual the better as we want this exhibition to be an exciting expose of Oaf’s MEGA talented community and network.
The title of this exhibition is ‘Take a Break’ inviting you to escape from the monotony of everyday life and have a break from internal noise or pressures. Switch off your phone, get outdoors and get away from the fast-paced city life in favour of something more free, fantastical and exploratory. The theme can be taken quite literally covering themes of travel, being a tourist and exploration or you can go a bit more conceptual looking into escapism, going down a rabbit hole or creating your own weird world.
How to enter:
- ~ Upload an image of the piece you’d like to show onto Instagram, tag @lazyoafs in the image and use #LOTakeaBreak in the caption. Make sure your account is public so that we can see your entry.
- ~ Send a high quality image of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org in JPEG or PDF no bigger than 10MB or a link to an online display if applicable.
- ~ The deadline to submit your entry is Sunday 14th October.
- ~ Your artwork will need to be delivered to our exhibition space by 6th November and collected after the show on 12th November. Unfortunately we will not be able to cover the cost of shipment, so please bear this in mind when entering large scale pieces or if you’re based outside of the UK.
- ~ If your artwork sells, we will put you in contact with your buyer after the exhibition.
- ~ This competition is open to EVERYONE of all ages, nationalities and skill sets. Please note that Lazy Oaf will not be able to cover travel expenses for exhibitors wherever you’re based.
- ~ Our chosen exhibitors will be announced on our website on Friday 19th October and contacted directly by our team shortly after.
If you have any questions on the competition, please drop us an email to email@example.com
Follow the project on Instagram @lazyoafs | #LOTakeaBreak